Thursday, September 25, 2008

They may not mean to, but they do...

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/miketothek/Badideas.png

Trust me, here. I'd written a great post deconstructing this sad-sack's tattoos. It was witty, yet incisive and cast a bright light on larger issues. And then, in a self-congratulatory haze, I started screwing around with the html and lost the whole thing. It was my bad judgement at work, of course. But I still glared at the happy loon pictured above and blamed my fumbling on him. I never should have clipped this picture, I thought. I should have used the Japanese Noodle-Shield for my Bad Idea series. But I didn't.

There are bad ideas and bad ideas, not all of them equal. No one in a sane frame of mind would strap the Japanese noodle-shield on his head, but there are plenty of buff young guys who would turn themselves into a tattooed fright-fest. This young man, for instance. He's obviously not foreseeing a life in corporate America, and he probably has friends festooned with skulls, dripping daggers, swastikas, and Old English letters that spell out Death To All Mud People. He may have felt so much like Mr. Cool Ice on the inside, that he couldn't understand why everyone didn't see that. Probably he didn't feel quite...normal, you might say, until he'd spelled it out.

It's a bad idea a lot of people could could agree on, whereas not too many folks could go for the Japanese Noodle Shield.

It's all relative and, then again, it's not.

No comments: