Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hiatus...

Hi there.

Yeah, It's me. Your very own Writer to the Stars. I have to stop blogging for...well, I really don't know. Not too long, I hope. What's going on is that I've been working on some fiction, along with blogging. But I've reached the point where I need to really concentrate on my stories, and burrow into them like a wood tick. I thought I could hold to my beloved blog, while cranking out short stories at the same time. But I can't.

Not right now.

Problem is, I started blogging with a very singular idea. I wanted a place where people-who-like-to-read could come and nestle in with something interesting. I'm a compulsive reader myself; I know how happy I am when I discover a good writer on-line. So, following on the best I've read in cyberspace, I decided I wanted to explore themes at my leisure, and take my time with them. And I decided my posts would have a beginning, middle, and an end. And I decided sometimes what I wrote would be funny, sometimes not, but it would always be heartfelt, and it would always be truthful. I don't know if I've succeeded, but I will say I've always enjoyed the time it takes to post something on Write and Wrong. Each of my posts takes a good amount of time...sometimes two, three, or four hours until I get it right, so something else usually gets dropped with a thud. Too often it's my fiction.

Thank you, each one of you, for reading my posts and for your comments and emails. You've been very generous, and have kept me chugging along, even through my usual shadowy periods of self-doubt. Please feel free to keep commenting here...if and when you feel like it, or email me if you like. Somehow I've acquired a band of articulate, discerning readers and you've honored me with your attention.

I'll be back.

Hopefully it'll be soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang it... I'm gonna miss your blog writings. Luckily, I'll hopefully get first spin in your fiction world! Hurry back.
Luv,
Athensboy

Ava Quinn said...

Oh no! I only just found you! I'll have to content myself with your back entries. I'll be looking forward to your return.

Good luck with your fiction. Based on your blog that I've been enjoying, I'm sure you'll be successful.