Thursday, October 23, 2008

Death row brides and baby chicks...

http://weddingpros.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/bride-tied.jpg

I'm only one day into my social experiment, i.e. that an announced subject matter combining the creepy and the cute will draw in readers like flies. Already I feel like a tabloid whore. I really didn't think anyone would care about commies, but my stats have already doubled from the day before. Of course I did toss in that tiny kitler at the end. So far, though, this makes me yearn for my quiet little blogs, the ones no one cared about, except me and a few (much prized) devoted readers, blogs where I ruminated on long-gone moldy liberal politics, misused words, and humorous yet loony ideas.

Well, no point in sighing breathily over the dear departed past. I'm slogging on ahead, picking up readers perhaps, but screwing my chance ever to be a Noted Blogger.

I thought long and hard about today's title, to test my hypothesis: cute + creepy = many more readers. I even found some photos of beaming death row brides, sitting with their new soon-to-be-executed hubbies, and I have to say, these are definitely short-sighted women, when it comes to life planning. They never choose iffy death row candidates either--the ones who could be freed, depending on Project Innocence and a blob of redemptive DNA. They seem to pick the worst of the barrel: guys like The Night Stalker, about whose guilt there is no doubt at all. Death row groupies pursue these no-hopers like bats on meth, seemingly before giving them a hard face-to-face look. I'm all about not judging people on superficialities, but Richard Ramirez (aka,The Night Stalker) looks as crazy as a rat in a coffee can, and is, from all I know, without one redeeming human trait. But a bland looking redhead, who works as a free-lance editor, glommed him right up, and they're now hooked. Still, I couldn't bring myself to snip a pix of the beamish boy and his deluded bride.

I can't write one more word about death row brides. That's it.

Baby chicks. Yeah. The ultimate in cute. See above.

Okay. Here's today's kitler.
http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/kitler/pics/thumbnails/kitler289.jpg

No comments: